Thursday, August 7, 2008

Whewieeeee !

Preparing for ASU - here I come!

Ok so I just learned that I won't have to re-take the GED! (big sigh) whewie. I was told the other day that I need a score of 500 or higher on GED. My score on my GED is 255 with a battery score of 51. So I naturally freaked. Thought I would need to re-take etc. Then, last night I was online and discovered that the GED I took in 1990 was GED 1988 test/scores. There has since been a whole new test, with all new scoring system as of 2002. By 2012/2013 there will be another new GED/test etc. Soooo, I called ASU admissions to find out if there is a different score expectation for the GED 1988. THERE IS! Would you believe 50 or higher on the battery score and I have a 51 !!! I made it! Whoooewie.

So, thankfully I don't have to re-take the GED test!! Yay! I read last night that the whole test has changed and it would contain all sorts of information that I didn't learn! Ikes. Concentrations in different topics have changed etc.

I'm flying on Cloud 9 right now!

Next, my focus is on SAT testing now. I will stop by on my way to work to pick up an SAT book to have an idea of what to be ready for come test day (Oct 4th). I have to register by Sept 9th. So much to do still. (little sighs, but happy sighs...)

3 comments:

The Shabby Princess said...

Congratulations!! That's so wonderful that you won't have to re-take the GED. Good luck on the SAT, I remember taking it. Do they still do the ACT? I found that test to be a little easier, and back in the day when I applied to schools, I know ASU accepted by ACT score because, well, I got in--but, I ended up going to school elsewhere. I loved ASU and I'm sure you will too!

Good luck on all you adventures. Your running updates are amazing. I'm trying to get back into running and have a long way to go, but, I'm trying. I'm running in a relay team for a marathon in December, so, I'm going to the gym and run, run, runnin'.

Ok, long comment, sorry, but, yippee for you!!

Christy said...

Luuuuuv the long comment, please feel free anytime :)

Thanx, I'm super happy I don't have to re-take the GED. And I didn't know any difference between the SAT or ACT. I've already purchased my study guide for the SAT. And Tony said it didn't matter which one. He suggested the SAT -so yah, well, it'll be fun. Hee hee.

Yeppers, ASU accepts both ACT or SAT. That's cool you went to ASU. When was that? (curious) I'm really excited to go. Tony graduated and earned his master degree there. He's a CPA. And he's totally excited I'm going to ASU too.

I'm hoping I pass the SAT the first time and won't have to re-take it, so I can register for Jan 09. So I'm a little pressed for time to be ready for test on Oct 4th! It'll be here in no time :)

The book is over 900 pages! Wild huh? :)

Glad you enjoy my running updates. I enjoy writing them. I love running so much. I'm getting more and more excited about each upcoming event. Esp as I learn of this one or that one. It's all exciting for me.

My cousin Katie just finished (Aug 1st) the Ironman at Russian River. I hope to be able to do that one next summer.

There's a mini-triathlon my dear friend Laura just informed me about and that she just signed up for... I'm definitely interested in that one too. That's in Oct, I think. I'm getting pretty involved in a lot of stuff, I'm almost getting dates confused. Lol.

Keep me posted on your training for the relay marathon... and certainly let me know when the relay marathon event takes place and how you like it. I'd love to hear all about it.

Sweet hugz,
Christy :)

Wendy said...

Hey congrats. Sounds like you're moving in a great direction. Good luck!

I double-lucked out. UMass Dartmouth didn't require SAT scores for some reason. Could have been my time out of school or something.

Lesley University didn't require the MAT (grad school SAT sorta) so I got lucky there again, but if I want a doctorate someday, a test will need to be taken. Poop.

Anyway, back to you... I'm sure you'll do fine!