Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Busy BIRTHDAY weekend!

Wow what a fun BIRTHDAY weekend!

Saturday late morning (slept in after working til midnight and staying up a couple hours) I went for a super quick run (maybe 2 miles) ...bolted home, cleaned up and met up with two super girlfriends Kimber and Pam. There was a bridal shower going on early afternoon that some friends were putting on...as we know the groom but we do not know the bride. Anyway, the bride, Barbara is here from a different state, so the girls wanted to put on a bridal shower for her (and esp for Mike, the groom). So Kimber, Pam and I went shopping! We went to Fascinations. YEPPPPP one of those stores! Haha! Bought some super fun things... glow-in-the-dark hand cuffs, signs with messages, hugs & kisses coupons, lots of fun little things for in the bedroom, tee hee. We had a ball, and did our best to keep it G/or PG rated. Lol. I went with them to Costco to pick up a berry cheesecake for the fun shower.

Then the girls were off to the shower and I hooked up with another friend Alain. Alain met me at Taco Bell, I walked there from Costco, yah I totally spaced following them in my own car... since they had planned to go straight to the shower in Gilbert. Silly me. I get sidetracked or distracted of any kind, and I space it. Lol. My wonderful friend Alain, picked me up at Taco Bell. We stayed there and chatted for awhile first. Got a few munchies too. Heh heh. I was starvin' marvin'.

After that we were off to the movies! We went to see a scary movie, because I especially wanted to see at least one scary movie for my birthday and Alain had been in the mood for one too and had no one to go with... perfect plan! We both wanted to see one... and we discovered THE STRANGERS with Liv Tyler (I'll post a trailer on here below the text). We loved it! After feeling totally tense and scared outta our skin... we decided to see a happy movie. Tee hee. So we bought tickets to see WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS with Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher. Talk about FUUUUNNNNY! We sooooo loved it. (I'll post a trailer of this too) After laughing sooooooo hard and loving the good feel of a happy movie... heh heh, we went to RED LOBSTER for dinner. Had the most yummy dinner... and when I came out of the ladies' room, three server gals were waiting to sing to me with a super yummy dessert on the table. I was kinda embarrassed, and grateful they sang soft and so pretty... lol. Oh and this was no simple scoop of ice cream with a little hershey sauce... nope nope... this was a yummy scrumptious thick baked goooey choc chip cookie with vanilla ice cream on top and a little hersheys drizzled. OMG, heavenly.

To end our fun night... we went for a walk around my neighborhood, checked out the community pool, since I hadn't seen it yet and was curious, and OMG talk about a perfect lap pool and a jacuzzi to boot! I'm soooo gonna start using it. We dipped our feet and chatted for a little while. A sweet beautiful day.

S U N D A Y ~ my birthday ~
Tony came to pick me up around 10am and we went to AZ Science Center. On the way we stopped for a bite to eat at Arby's. Chatted for a little while then were off for a science day! We walked through the Narnia exhibit, which held many of the props from the film, film clips, behind the scenes of how they did this or that, built the castle etc, it was really cool. Then we watched a film on IMAX screen about Sea Monsters. It was cool. And off to the Planetarium to watch a documentary about Black Holes. That was really fascinating. The film screen was the entire ceiling and it was completely opal/circular and awesome. (this took us about 4-5 hours to do)

Then we went to dinner at Carraba's in Chandler. Yummy yum dinner... oooh la la. Watched a little olympics on the tv screen by our table... and had a fun time. I love my sweet man T. Then we went back to his place, and another friend of mine, Laura, was on her way to pick me up. Tony totally crashed on the sofa. He was super tired. Poor guy. Gave him a sweet kiss for a fun day and I was off.

Laura and I went for a walk. We were going to go for ice cream, but my server at Carraba's totally surprised me and brought me a dessert. Vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce, and cinnamon/brown sugar (something) covered pecans... oh my yummylicious. I was ice creamed out. lol.

So we went for a walk on the canal, and I was super happy to get in some exercise at least with all the heaviness of big dishes. And we had a fun time talking and walking. Laura, thank you for the sweet ULTA gift card. I'll put that to some fun use and let you know what I get. Yay! {hugz}

My day ended nicely and I loved my weekend.

Monday morning before work (yesterday)... I met up with my two cousins Diana and Katie for lunch at Chipotle (Tempe Marketplace). Had an AWWWWESUM time! We soooo need to do this more often. I love my beautiful cousins. We met up to discuss my plans of going to ASU for nutrition etc. The girls gave me so much to ponder and consider. So I'm in pondering mode. Lol. And truly grateful for the information that was given to me. I wish I had my camera and took photos of our time at lunch. It was soooo good to see them and spend good time with them. We did a lot of catch up in our personal lives and it was super fun. I love you girls so much. {{Hugz}}

Diana, thank you so much for the cute purse notepad and the card with the bookmarks (jewelry) ...awwww so sweet. I love it. I'm so glad we were able to hook up and have lunch. {hugs again}

And off to work I went...
Fun weekend. (little happy sighs, it's over) I really enjoyed myself. Thank you everyone. :)

I received text messages gallore, poor Tony had to keep waiting for me to read all of my text messages and respond, received a couple calls that I couldn't take. THANK YOU Spencer, Merrianne, Libby and Jacob for the gorgeously sweet Happy Bday song singing on the message you left me. I love it.

Not to leave out... Wendy cuz girl, thank you so much for the A NEW EARTH book and the WHAT THE BLEEP? dvds... I'm still trying to get to the other two discs. Loved the first one! Haven't read all of the book yet, but I will and I'll keep you updated too. :) {{Hugz to you too}}

And I missed hooking up with a few other people because my schedule was so full. I feel so loved and blessed with beautiful friends and family that love me. Hugz and blowin' kisses to all of you.
Thank you for making my day so special and fun.
LuvLuvLuv,
Christy :)

Ohhh oh, and would you believe I ran into an old friend from high school I hadn't seen since 1992 and of all places at work!? We've been working in the same building and our paths hadn't crossed until I ran into a file with her name on it, sent her an email and we found each other. She works on the east side of the building and I work on the west side. I've been there a year come November and she's been with the company for six years, worked five of those years in this very building and we never bumped into each other. Wow! Share the same lunchroom/breakroom, restrooms etc... sooooo weird. My dear friend Lori Fajardo! We are totally going to hook up and catch up on the years we've missed. And I was just thinking of her weeks ago. So weird. And I almost didn't recognize her. Such a great reunion! I'm soooooooooo happy to have her in my life again. She wrote me while I was on my mission and that was the last of our contact. She has two pretty little girls now. I'm soooo happy to get to spend time with her again. Awwww this day couldn't have been better. Grrrrrreat birthday gift from God. Thank you God. Mwah mwah.

And now the trailers as I mentioned above:

THE STRANGERS with Liv Tyler (based on true story, and can actually happen today)


WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS with Cameron Diaz, Ashton Kutcher

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey happy birthday! I am so glad you had a great day. You deserve it! Plus, it sounds like this will be an amazing year full of change!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! we love you!!!

i love your new blog look!!!!