Saturday, August 2, 2008

Running Improvement - Yay

So I am waking earlier and earlier - yipee!

Woke up at about 10 min til 6 am this morning... just before my alarm was supposed to go off at 6! Wow! Was out the door by 6:30-6:40am and OFF RUNNING! I completed 11.71 miles in 3 hrs and 10 min (That's burning 1170 calories -yeehaw!). Not quite my goal for today but I was only off by 10 minutes! So not too bad. I was hoping to get 12 miles in at 3 hours... but hey if only two days ago, I completed 9.25 miles in 2 1/2 hours ... I'd say I stepped it up a bit anyway. So that's major improvement! I figure I will be ready come Aug 31st the morning of the Half Marathon at Disneyland which is just slightly over 13 miles. As long as I can finish in 3 hours... I've accomplished my own personal goal! And if I go over a bit, that's ok... at least I'm not far from it and I still have 3-4 weeks to go!

Ok, I'm gonna get a little personal on here, at least for me, so here are my measurements in comparison to a month or so ago:

------------June-------Today/August
Thighs -----24---------------- 24
Arms ------13 1/2------------ 12
Chest ------42---------------- 41 1/2
Stomach ---40---------------- 38 1/2
Hips -------43---------------- 42
Neck -------?----------------- 14
Weight ----168/169---------- 158

Not too bad eh? And still going... Of course I've taken these measurements right after running my long run today... so I'll do again after I shower and clean up and see if there's any difference. I may have swollen up a little from the heat too. Usually after an hour or two of relaxing, I feel different. Who knows? Maybe it's just me, lol.

Y'all have a great day! ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go Christy!!!! you are an inspiration!!!!! you ought to put this on the DIET DIVA blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

cool christy! keep up the good work. how is everything going? i am glad you are going to ASU. you will do good. we havent heard from you in a while. it sounds like you are doign good though. love ya
spencer

Christy said...

Thanx guys! I will try and give you a call today on break while at work. I've been super busy.

LuvYa,
Christy

Wendy said...

AWESOME! Go you! I'm so proud.

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

P.S. Love your new layout!

Christy said...

Awwww thank you Wendy. Coming from you always means a lot to me. :)

Gotta jet...

LuvLuv,
Christy