Thursday, July 31, 2008

Life Changes

Life is all about change - right?

Well first things first... I've been running and getting the miles in for preparation of my half marathon at Disneyland Aug 31st!! I ran 9.25 miles this morning and by golly I gotta step up the pace even more... I finished in 2 1/2 hours but I need to be running quicker... and I tell ya I'm doing good for the first 3.53 miles I ran in 45 min but after that I ended up walking a bit because of the AZ heat. Ugh. And I've been hitting the pavement/dirt canal even earlier in the mornings but yet I guess I still need to get out even earlier. The heat sure slows me down after my first 5 miles into it. Ergh.

Second, I've made a huge decision to forego the plan of going to Burbank CA to MUD (MakeUp Designory school). For the past couple years I've had some issues with my hands and I am thinking it's the early stages of arthritis. The last 2-3 months have been worse. The pain is consistent and hurts to use a writing utensil for any time over 5 minutes... holding a book while reading becomes painful, even typing is getting harder. So I've looked online with Tony and we found a computer dictation software program that I would speak into a microphone and it does the typing for me. I'll be getting that sometime in the near future. It's costly, but affordable. Anyway, back to PLAN B!

I've pondered for a long while now, and didn't want to say anything to anyone until I had made a decision that I feel is a good one. I've been thinking of going back to my original plan of going to school. Getting an education. As my plan was to finish make-up artistry and get into the field and then go back for more education anyhow. Instead, I don't want to go into the make-up field only to discover I can't even use my hands. Then what? I'm stuck. And time wasted?... hmmm.

So I've been pondering my other many interests. Where to go now? I always have an interest in nutrition/fitness. So I'm thinking since I could use some benefits in my own life/health and it would be cool to help others too... why not? So I'm looking into studying Dietetics and get a Bachelor's degree in that. ASU Polytechnic school in East Mesa has a great program for it. So I have arranged to meet up with two of my cousins Diana and Katie who have both studied Nutrition in school. Diana finished studying Health Promotional Wellness or something like it, and Katie finished in Dietetics. And they have both had awesome jobs and say that I would love it. So we are hooking up in about a week or two after Katie returns from vacation to discuss this further. Yay!

I'm also setting up an appointment to meet with an academic/admissions advisor at ASU to get started. So, yah, I know, big change and I hope y'all don't think I'm a flake for it. Life sometimes has a different plan for us huh? I guess I'm just meant to stay in good ol' Arizona a little longer. It's nice though because Tony and I have discussed it and I also want to learn a new language and I'm going to study German while in school too. Tony speaks it pretty fluently though he says he has more to learn and practice... but we could speak it to each other and it would be fun, and he could help me practice etc. Plus we plan to visit and live in Germany someday. So that would be cool. Fun fun.

More later, gotta go get ready for work! Joy joy :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy! I think that would be a great field for you to go into! you would be awesome!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!

and of course you are not a flake!!

Christy said...

Thank you M-girlie, I so appreciate your sweet words and encouragement. Glad you don't think I'm a flake. :)

LuvYa,
Christy

Wendy said...

Awesome. Sounds like a good plan.