Sunday, August 24, 2008

Countdown begins... woohoo!



Next Sunday Aug 31st is our RACE DAY! I'm soooooooo excited and can't wait! Tony and I drive out Fri evening to California. Saturday we will go to the Expo and pick up our race info, chips, etc. We will spend Saturday at California Adventure and that night is our huge pasta dinner in the park with the other runners! Yay!

Sunday race begins at 6am! We have to arrive before 4:30am as that is when the last shuttle will take us to the start line. Our hotel is really close, so no worries in that dept. Yay!

After the race, we plan to take a nap at the hotel and play with Astro (Tony's dog-we're bringing him with us), and then go back to play at Disneyland.

I forget what all we are doing on which days, but Tue we are also going to tour MUD (Make-Up Designory) school and then off to the LA Zoo. Lotsa play time!

(Well, I had to stop where I was above, because I received a phone call from my prego woman friend Kimber, and take her to the hospital as she was in pain. Her hubby was at church and they only have one car. So I've just returned from the hospital and all is ok. Despite the fact that her ribs are separating from cartilage, and apparently this is normal. Weird. So she needs to really limit her motions and what she does while at work etc. Poor gal.)

So I wanted to let you all know that if you click here you could see in detail what all we will be doing in Disneyland!

I've also sent a couple emails out to a few people letting them know how to track Tony or myself while we're running the race! So if any of you are also interested in tracking us, please feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to send you the same info as well.

I'm just waiting for the sun to go down and go run a good 10mile run tonight. Maybe I'll go for a swim too. Ahhh.

5 comments:

Kaci said...

Awesome!! Jon was going to do this...but funds were not there...bummmer!!! :) Have a great time!

Christy said...

Yah, bummer is right, I know how that is. There have been a few things I would've loved to have participated in, but couldn't for that very reason. That's too bad. Hopefully next year? Always a possibility anyway.

Thk you for the support! I'm excited to go! Yay! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck Christy!
I hope the best for you, Remember... If you are still really sick, DON'T RUN... It'll just make you even sicker and you don't need that. So please take precaution and be wise about it. I say this cause i'm your brother and I don't want you to be unhealthy. be good.. love ya sis.

Anonymous said...

YOU DID GREAT!!!!! i'm so proud of you Christy!!♥

Wendy said...

Hey, how's it going? I hope everything is alright with you. I will try to call you tomorrow.