Thursday, October 23, 2008

Letting Go

I've been noticing lately how interesting it is and how vital it is for us to learn to "let go" of this or that in our lives. For some it is 'letting go' of a child as they grow into adult years and letting them go out into the world. For others it may be 'letting go' of a loved one as it is their time to transfer from one world into another as their life here ends. Or it may be 'letting go' of another loved one as one relationship ends to be available for another to form. There are many types of 'letting go' in our lives.

Maybe it is 'letting go' in other forms. 'Letting go' of a memory or 'letting go' of a job, etc etc. No matter the form or person we may need to 'let go' per-se of this or that... the essence of letting go is difficult and challenging if we let it.

I'm learning to 'let go' of many things lately. I've recently told my ex-beau T, that I need time away from him for at least 1-3 months so I may heal my wounds and allow myself to be open for someone new to enter my life. We were spending too much time together before I could heal and it was as if adding salt to a wound that had never healed. So as hard as it has been, it is also very soothing for me and I'm now in the 'healing' process if-you-will. (In order for our friendship to remain on healthy terms, this is so needed for me)

I'm meeting new people and starting to feel alive again, in a weird sense. Things at work are changing drastically and I'm making new friends too.

As one door closes -another opens... I'm truly seeing and experiencing this lately. Many doors are opening and it's been quite interesting. Of course, it's like that one door that we know what is behind it, is the most comforting one to choose, but I'm starting to venture out and seek what is behind the other doors for me. Life is an adventure and I'm definitely one up for journeys!

May your day be filled with fun adventures!
More to come soon :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know the feeling. Letting go can be the BEST thing ever!!! i love ya! ♥